Urgent/On the day Appointments
Please remember that it is not always necessary to see a GP. A Practice Nurse or a Health Care Assistant, or another service such as an Optician or Community Pharmacy, may be more appropriate. For this reason our receptionists have been trained to cover a more diverse role as Care Navigators.
- Book an appointment online via Patient Access. From 6.30am monday to Friday
- Phone us Monday to Friday, 8am to 6.30pm.
- Visit the surgery and speak with a receptionist. We are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6.30pm.
- At times of peak demand, we may need to direct you to one of our GP led clinics at Rochdale Urgent Care Centre.
Routine appointments are usually booked in advance. You will get an appointment with one of our team such as a nurse or healthcare assistant. Routine appointments are available for :-
- Health reviews
- Blood Pressure checks
- Blood tests
- Cervical Screening
- Family planning
Please contact the surgery if you need to book any of the above where one of our reception team will be happy to help.
Home visits are for housebound patients who are too ill to attend the surgery. To request a home visit phone the surgery as soon as possible after 08:00 and before 11:00.The doctor or nurse practitioner will return your phone call to see if a visit is necessary.
Requests for visits between 11:00 – 18:30 are for genuine acute emergency. During these hours the doctor on-call will contact you by telephone to triage and if necessary a visit from a Bardoc doctor will be arranged.
If you feel you need telephone advice on a health-related problem NHS 111 offers 24 hour telephone service.
Help Us To Help You:
- Your appointment is for one person only
- Please ensure you are available to take the call on the agreed morning or afternoon session, unfortunately we are unable to give exact times as each telephone consultation may vary in length, However if you miss the call you may have to rebook an appointment.
- You may receive a text message reminding you of a appointment time and date but please remember this maybe at telephone consultation if that was what you were informed at the time of booking.
Cancelling or changing an appointment
Please call us as soon as possible if you need to cancel an appointment in order that we can give the slot to another patient.
You can also cancel your appointment online using patient access. You will have to rebook your appointment in the usual way.
If you need help with your appointment
Please tell us:
- If there’s a specific doctor, nurse or other health professional you would prefer.
- If you would prefer to consult with the doctor or nurse by phone, face-to-face, by video call or by text or email
- If you need an interpreter
- If you have any other access or communication needs
- We will always try out best to accomodate your needs, but sometimes this may not be possible.
Contact Us Online
You can contact us online using this form. This is a new service designed to help patients access information from the practice without the need to telephone. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR NON URGENT USE ONLY. you can sign up using this link. To begin with this service will have limited availability but we will expand this in the future.
This is a new online service designed to help patients access information from the practice without the need to telephone. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR NON URGENT USE ONLY. You can sign up very quickly using the link below.
Initally this service will have limited availability but we hope to expand this in the future
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.
There is an evening, weekend and bank hoilday service provided by
NHS 111 please click on the link below or telephone 111.
IN A GENUINE EMERGENCY YOU SHOULD CALL 999
CHEST PAIN AND/OR SHORTNESS OF BREATH AND/OR SIGNS OF A STROKE CONSTITUTE AS AN EMERGENCY.